Terms and Conditions
DrinkControl is distributed by E-protect under Apple's standard software license for iOS apps - the App Store Licensed Application End User License Agreement (EULA).
If you have enabled Premium features via in-app subscription, subscription payments will auto-renew within 24hrs of expiration. You can turn off auto-renew at least 24hrs before expiration or change subscription period by visiting your AppleID account subscription settings. Read more on how to change subscription plan or cancel subscriptions.
The summary below highlights some of the key points of AppStore EULA:
1) App is licensed, not sold, to you. You get a non-transferable license to use the App on any iPhone, iPad or iPod touch that you own or control.
2) You may not redistribute the App (e.g. on a network, where it could be used by multiple users) or resell it.
3) Do not copy, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or try to access or modify the source code of the App. If you do, your license may be terminated, and you may be subject to prosecution and damages.
4) E-protect may change, suspend, remove, disable or limit access to any services offered by E-protect, or third-parties, at any time without notice, and without liability.
5) App comes with NO WARRANTY; it is provided on "as is" and "as available" basis. You use it at your own risk. E-protect is not liable for any losses or damages suffered by you, direct indirect or consequential, by your use of the App.
DrinkControl app serves for entertainment purposes only and does not provide any professional or medical guidance. DrinkControl cannot be used as medical advice and it is not intended to be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illnesses, diseases or addictions. DrinkControl should not be used for therapeutic purposes or as a substitute for your health professional's advice.
Before relying on the data in DrinkControl you should carefully evaluate information accuracy, validity, completeness and relevance for your own purposes and obtain any appropriate professional advice relevant to your particular circumstances.
All data within the app is for your personal use only and is stored exclusively in your device (app data also might be saved on the Apple iCloud if you have enabled iCloud backups on your device). We do not store or process your data on our servers.
DrinkControl app does not store any usernames and passwords you use to connect to any Third Parties (for example, if backing up on Dropbox) - the username and password you provide when you login is not stored in the app, but is directly passed to the relevant Third Party.
Certain features of the DrinkControl app allow you to interact and share information with Third Party services or applications (for example, when sharing on social media or with other apps on your phone). If you decide to share your information with any Third Party from your device, E-protect privacy policies shall not apply - any information collected by those websites and applications may be sent to other Third Parties who have their own privacy policies you should review and agree with.
Be informed that any information you share with Third Parties could be treated as non-confidential. Always carefully consider the audience viewing any information you share. Sharing stats with your friends or support group might be fun or helpful, but making them accessible to everyone (including your employer) is probably a terrible idea. Think very carefully before sharing anything from DrinkControl publicly.
Certain non-person identifiable (with anonymized IP address) information about how you use DrinkControl app (such as frequency or duration of use, application screens visited, diagnostic messages and errors if the app crashes, etc.) together with general information about your device (model, operating system version, etc.) are shared with Third Parties who provide analytics services that help us understand how the app is used, identify problems and improve the DrinkControl app experience in future releases.
You can opt-out from sharing this information with us on the Settings tab in Privacy section (available since version 4.12). We currently rely on Google Analytics for providing anonymized DrinkControl app and website analytics and HockeyApp for collecting crash logs/errors in the DrinkControl app.
When you're browsing the DrinkControl website, small files (known as "cookies") are saved onto your device to collect analytic information on website visitor’s activities and to remember that you've already seen our "cookie message").
The internet address of your computer, tablet or phone is anonymized by our analytics service and these cookies are not used to identify you personally. You can opt-out of analytic cookies.
Changes and Updates
Updated August 27, 2020
• Added details on subscription renewal/cancellation if Premium features are enabled via monthly/annual subscription.
Updated September 19, 2019
• Updated Terms and Conditions section with link to App Store Licensed Application End User License Agreement (EULA) and short EULA summary.
Updated November 1, 2018
• Added information about HockeyApp service used for crash/error logging.
Updated May 8, 2018
• Added information about opting-out from app analytics sharing.
• Added information about IP address anonymization in analytics.